GREAT WHITE SHARK
JULY TO NOVEMBER
For the observation of this magnificent giants, we offer 2 amazing destinations: Magdalena Bay, located just a short trip from La Paz and San Ignacio Lagoon
We establish seasonal camps for the observation of whales combined with other activities such as Kayak, bird watching, hiking, and amazing opportunity to be close to nature and see up close one of the world’s most amazing mammals.
Our catered camp is situated at water’s edge with safari-style tents, cots, and solar-heated showers to make your days and nights comfortable and carefree. With delicious Mexican food and happy hour each evening, capture a lifetime of memories as you grow to love and respect the gray whales as much as we do. This trip begins with a rendezvous at the Hacienda Hotel in San Diego.
The Nautilus Explorer is a luxury safari boat specializing in pampering small groups of scuba divers on unique diving adventures up and down the west coast of North America. Our beautiful little ship was custom-designed and built for divers with features including a sparkling-clear hot tub, ample fresh water to shower whenever you like, extensive soundproofing with near-silent generators, cabins with side-by-side beds, a beamy stabilized steel hull for a great ride and safety second-to-none with the same SOLAS certificates as the largest ocean-going cruise ships.
The Nautilus Explorer is a Millenium Boat Built and Launched in Vancouver, B.C. in 2000. It is116′ long, 27′ wide. Small ship size with a much bigger feel.
- All eight lower deck staterooms have private heads with separate shower stalls, central air conditioning and measure 90 square feet. Six of the staterooms have side by side beds. Two of the staterooms have large double beds and additional storage area.
- Three superior suites on the hot-tub deck measure 145 sq. ft and have large exterior windows. They each have private facilities, a desk and either bureau or wardrobe. Two of these suites have doors that open directly outside. The third suite boasts a large flat screen TV and DVD player.
- Our premium suite is also located on the hot-tub deck and is twice the size of the other suites. It has a separate bedroom and lounge each with a large flat screen TV and DVD player, private facilities with a full-size bathtub and shower plus large private windows looking out on an ocean view. In 2011, the lounge in this suite will be refitted with a beautiful floor to ceiling picture window.
The Nautilus Belle Amie is a 135 foot, luxurious, modern vessel custom built for divers.
The Belle Amie is very stabilized with a deep draft and a bulbous bow to give you the most comfortable ride possible. Our ships are heavily soundproofed to allow you to have a good nights sleep and equipped with over-sized watermakers allowing you to shower as often and as often as you like. The full-width superstructure on all 4 decks gives an outstanding amount of space – our over-sized superior and premium suites even have full-size king beds!
Passengers: 28-32 guests
- Premium Suites: Two spacious premium suites are available on the main deck. Ensuite bathrooms with showers and double sinks. Large windows, plenty of sunlight, large storage area, and personal flat screen TV. Available in single or double occupancy.
- Superior Suites: The Nautilus Belle Amie has 5 superior suites on the upper deck. Superior rooms have large double windows. Double and single occupancy available.
- Staterooms: The lower deck has 8 comfy staterooms with various bed configurations (single and double occupancy).
- Meet at San Diego, CA, U.S.A (Hospitality suite at the Ramada Inn San Diego)
- Meeting time 7:00 PM – Coach Leaves 7:30 PM
- Meet at Ensenada, México ( Cruiseport Marina)
- Boarding time: 9:30 PM – Sailing Time: 10:00 PM
DAY 1: Meet in San Diego, travel by coach to board the ship docked at Ensenada.
DAY 2: Evening arrival at Guadalupe Island just as dinner is being served, so that you can enjoy a relaxing evening at anchor. Activities: Safety Briefing Diver Orientation Shark 101
DAY 3: Cages open at 6:30 am. First submersible dive at 8:00. Dive until dusk! Activities: Our famous Mexico taco fiesta on the upper deck
DAY 4: Another full day of diving starting at 6:30 AM. Submersible Diving starts at 8:30 AM. Dive until dusk! Activities: Shark Behaviour Shark ID
DAY 5: Cages open at 6:30 AM. Submersible Diving starts at 7:30 AM. Cages close at 5 pm or when all divers have had their share of diving. Trip slide show Cocktails with friends
DAY 6: Disembark at Ensenada approx. 2:00pm. Coach transfers to Tijuana Airport, San Diego Airport, or Ramada Inn.
This is a sample itinerary. The exact itinerary for your trip may change based on the weather and other ocean related conditions. Our aim is to offer you the very best diving experience in the safest and most comfortable way.
- Jul. 25/17, Jul. 30/17
- Aug. 09/17, Aug. 14/17, Aug. 24/17, Aug. 29/17
- Sept. 09/17, Sept. 14/17, Sept. 30/17
- Oct. 05/17, Oct. 20/17, Oct. 25/17, Oct. 30/17
- Nov. 04/17, Nov. 09/17
NAUTILUS BELLE AMIE
- Jul. 28/17
- Aug. 02/17, Aug. 07/17, Aug. 12/17, Aug. 17/17, Aug. 22/17, Aug. 27/17
- Sept. 01/17, Sept. 06/17, Sept. 16/17, Sep. 21/17, Sep. 26/17
- Oct. 01/17, Oct. 22/17, Oct. 27/17
- Nov. 01/17, Nov. 06/17, Nov. 11/17
NAUTILUS EXPLORER 2016-2017
- Double Stateroom $3,095 USD per Person
- Single Stateroom $3,869 USD per Person
- Superior Suites $3,595 USD per Person
- Premium Suites $4,195 USD per Person
NAUTILUS BELLE AMIE 2017
- Double Stateroom $3095* USD per person
- Single Stateroom $3869* USD per Person
- Superior Suites $3595* USD per Person
- Premium Suites $4195* USD per Person
Taxes & Port Fees
Booking confirmations include all taxes except for a $65 USD port fee which is payable by cash on board.
What is Included:
- 6 days/ 5 nights on board of the Nautilus Explorer
- Round ground transportation from Tijuana and/or San Diego to Ensenada
- Diving, aluminum 80 tanks, weight belts.
- Meals, snacks, non-alcoholic beverages including sodas.
What is not Included:
- Prices do not include 5% of Mexican VAT
- IVA tax has been harmonized at 16% across Mexico. The original 11% tax is included in your trip fee. The 5% increase in tax is shown separately
- $65 USD port fee payable by cash onboard.
- Crew gratuities
- Alcoholic beverages
- Rental Gear
- Nitrox and argon fill.
- Rebreather support including zorb and specialized tank rentals
- * (Limited supply on a first come first serve basis)
- 100/120 cu. ft. steel tanks (16 lbs more negative than an aluminum 80).
To guarantee your reservation we require an initial deposit of $1,000.00 USD. The balance will have to be paid 90 days before departure date. * Initial deposit NON-REFUNDABLE.