SILVER BANKS / HUMPBACK WHALES
JANUARY TO APRIL
Humpback Whale Season Dates:
– January 26 – April 12, 2019
– January 25 – April 10, 2020
The Dominican Republic Humpback Whale Snorkel Adventures – The beautiful TURKS & CAICOS EXPLORER II™ offers an exciting itinerary from January – April to the Dominican Republic to snorkel with Humpback Whales at the Silver Bank. This area, twenty square miles in size, is located north
The Turks and Caicos Explorer II™ is one of the few yachts permitted access to the Silver Bank during the Humpback mating and breeding season.
Yacht – The Turks & Caicos Explorer II
Port: Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
The Turks & Caicos ExplorerII is built to U.S. Coast Guard and A.B.S. standards with a full complement of safety equipment.
The TURKS & CAICOS EXPLORER II™ docks at the Ocean World Marina in Puerto Plata. Guests may board Saturday at 4:00 pm with a 9:30 pm departure for the Silver Bank.
The yacht returns from Dominican Republic Humpback whale watching to Ocean World Marina Friday at 5 pm. Friday evening the yacht hosts a sunset cocktail party then dinner ashore. Check-out is Saturday morning from 7 am – 8 am. Transportation is not included in the price of your trip.
What is Included:
- Six days and seven nights onboard the ship
- All activities
- All meals (except Friday night), snacks throughout the day and evening, all coffee, tea, juices, and alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. Premium liquor is not provided, but if you have a favorite, please feel free to bring it with you.
- Linens, towels, shampoo, conditioner and liquid soap are all available and included.
What is not Included:
- Airfare to and from your terminal port
- Tourist arrival cards (a tourist card can be purchased in Puerto Plata for $10.00 (cash)
- Transfers to and from the ship or to and from hotels, land tours or bus stations, excess baggage charges, departure taxes at airport
- Cruising, port & sanctuary fees, fuel surcharge
- Friday night dinner (unless on an extended week)
- Equipment rental
- Vacation videos
- Sundries and gratuities (15%-20%) for guides and crew
|Dominican Republic (Snorkeling Only)||Lower Stateroom
|January 26, 2019 – April 12, 2019||$3695||$3895||$4095|
|January 25, 2020 – April 10, 2020||$3795||$3995||$4195|
Each expedition is 7 days in duration, including your arrival day. A 7-day expedition gives you 5 days on the Silver Bank with a minimum of 4 1/2 days of tender time. In addition, there is a $350.00 cruising & sanctuary fee and a $350.00 port and fuel surcharge (the latter to be paid on-board in cash). All staterooms are double occupancy.